Valentine's Day countdown banner

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Creepy Halloween

I love Halloween; it is a hard choice which I like better, Halloween or Christmas. I love decorating even though living in the country means we don't get trick or treaters. Mostly I do the decorating for myself.

There are two swaps I am involved in. One is an Edgar Allan Poe assemblage swap based on one of his short stories. The other swap is Christine Edwards' 2 Treats and 1 Trick swap. So here's what I created for both:
My first "Treat," a skull that is weathered and crackled with sparkle eyes, a Halloween ruff, all on a pedestal.
Then there is my second "Treat," a Witch's Brew kit. I really like this and think I'll have to make one for myself.
My"Trick" is a creepy wreath with giant spiders, scary skulls and a black crow to look over the evil...

For the Edgar Allan Poe swap I created this "book." The idea of the swap was to create a cigar box type of assemblage about the story your partner picked. I picked The Black Cat which coincidentally was the same story my partner picked. Along with the book I included lots of little Halloween treats and I got lots back from my partner. Here's my version of The Black Cat:

And a close-up of the inside:
(PS-sorry for the glare from the flash)
Here's the creation I got from a partner (as well as a box of Ferrar Roche and a Ghiardelli Chocolate caramel bar...YUM!)

Finally, here's my Steampunk Bird. I was inspired when I saw the paper mache form on the Ellen Hutson website. I just KNEW what it would look like. The necklace around her neck are charms from a Steampunk swap I participated in and also some cool charms I had collected.

Wonder what will be up for Christmas?















1 comment:

  1. oh my, your work is amazing! You and your partner "did GOOD!!!"

    ReplyDelete