Valentine's Day countdown banner

Sunday, October 31, 2010

And the Raven Said...Nevermore!

Last evening (Mischief Night) a local historical society sponsored a Dramatic Reading of Selected Works by Edgar Allen Poe. Intersperced with snippets about Poe's life story, four very dramatic gentlemen in appropriate dress read The Tell-Tale Heart, Annabelle Lee, The Black Cat, The Raven and one of two other stories. What a fun time and great way to celebrate Halloween!
Living in the country we don't get trick-or-treaters. I miss the days from childhood of planning my costume for weeks in advance. Just HAD to have the best costume! Then it was going out in costume, or later in life seeing all of the "treaters" come to the house in their search for treats. Now, we usually find other ways to celebrate Halloween.

I participated in Christine's Trick-or-Treat swap again this year. What a wonderful swap this is, and I really thank Christine for being such an organized and generous hostess.
Here are pics of the two treats and one trick I contributed:


And here are the wonderful items I received in return:

This Halloween is filled with many more treats than tricks. I hope your's is too!

3 comments:

  1. I was the lucky witch who received your brew kit! Happy Haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Wasn't this swap fun?!

    A big thank you for the spooky, creepy skull and crow wreath. I just love it. I'm really into skulls and crows for Halloween, so me being the recipient of the wreath you made was perfect!

    The cone came from me! ;o) Hope you enjoy it. I didn't have pics up of the things I sent out - problems uploading the pics for some reason.

    Thanks for sharing, and hope you had a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete